Making Communications Buzz

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

National Workplace Napping Day

Monday was National Workplace Napping Day, the first work day following the shift to Daylight Savings Time, when we all lose that precious hour out of our week.

Well, I only just read about National Workplace Napping Day this morning, so I missed it. Not that I would have taken a nap anyway. Napping during the workday apparently increases productivity. I know it used to increase my productivity when my young sons took naps on weekend afternoons; I could finally get some work done! Now they have outgrown their naps, so that's over with.

My first thought in reading about how naps increase productivity is that of course they do because taking a nap during the day allows you to work later into the night. Somehow, I don't think that is what the napping experts had in mind.